Saturday, August 20, 2011

Quick Review: Origins Out of Trouble


Do you have delightful hormonal breakouts like I do? Turns out, most women deal with their hormones playing a game of duck duck goose on their face every once in a while. For me, it's every month.

I try not to cry myself to sleep over these spots, as there is very little that can be done to thwart them entirely. You'd think putting all of this time and attention into my skincare would result in a flawless, glowing countenance every day-o...but no...wrong-o. Enviromental factors like mega humidity (welcome to Maine!), a dry spell, sun damage and pollutants in the air can all cause break outs, even if I am a diligent face washer. Throw hormones in the mix and my chin = doomed.

Remember that your face is always changing due to these day to day variables. Skincare has to change along with it to keep everything balanced and clear.

Origins Out of Trouble is a 10 minute mask that is pretty much your best friend when it comes to these vicissitudes. It has helpful ingredients like sulfur (which helps dry and clear blemishes), camphor (which calms down inflammation of any kind) and zinc oxide (which helps absorb excess oil). 

So spread this clay-like goo on your problem areas, wait about 10 minutes and voila! world peace has been solved...on your face. Seriously though, once you rinse (I use a warm washcloth and gently massage-never scrub!) you'll find your mug feels refreshed, smoother and just plain lovely. The real miracles happen overnight though. I've given up on every other acne spot treatment since I discovered Out of Trouble. Just a dab overnight on any 'hot spot', budding blemish or blemish I couldn't help but pop, (I know, I know I'm a bad person), and once more, voila! in the morning the redness has been greatly reduced, the spot doesn't feel hurty anymore and Noella can face the day. The pricetag is steep but the tube will last you FOREVER. 

(NOTE: If the price tag makes you want to puke, a very close contender for Out of Trouble is the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask which can be found at drugstores for under $5. The differences I noticed are smell, (Out of Trouble = Camphor and Mint Julep = toothpaste) and drying (Out of trouble = mildly drying and Mint Julep = mega drying). For a fiver, the Queen Helene is a great tool to have in your kit, even if you don't use it as a full face mask. I like to use it on particularly ugly blemishes overnight or on any spots that pop up on my chest, arms or shoulders, (I call these bumps chest-ne and arm-ne, respectively).

For my delicate face though, nothing beats Out of Trouble. For it's natural ingredients, gentle problem solving and small miracle working, I love it. 

--Noella

No comments:

Post a Comment